Share Your Story.
We have a voice to share and this is what Timid is set out to do— a platform to celebrate, support, and spread awareness about individuals, communities, and small businesses. We welcome non-fiction submissions in the following formats:
· Spotlights: a one-page conversational piece highlighting an individual or a business
· Photo essay: 4-5 photos and short write up related to the theme
· Interviews – a structured 6 questions Q&A
· Opinion Editorial: A written piece of your choice on a subject related to the current theme. Topics will need to be pre-approved by our editorial team
We are currently accepting the following categories: Media, Food, Culture, Style, Art and Design
How to share:
1. Submit a short biography of your background.
2. Share work samples and a brief write up about the idea you have for Timid. If you have multiple ideas, please submit them in one submission.
3. Please submit a link to your work or attach as a PDF file to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that all submissions must include a work sample (i.e. writing sample, photos, artistic work). We are looking for original submissions that hasn’t been published elsewhere, including websites, blogs, and social media.
When to share:
The submission deadline for the “Metamorphosis”
issue is September 1, 2021.
We, as humans, undergo various changes in our lives; from physical changes to more subtle esoteric changes to revolutionary changes that impact the communities around us. It is through these changes that we can reflect, evolve, and embrace ourselves. For Timid’s second issue, “Metamorphosis”, we are exploring the transformations – the good, the bad, the in-betweens – of what shapes our stories. We are calling for people to share their experiences, art, and expressions of metamorphosing into something different or new.
What to expect
Although we wish we could include all submissions, please note that we cannot guarantee placement in Timid. We will review submissions based on relevance to the theme and content type needed. Due to the small size of our editorial team and the amount of ideas we receive each week, we will try our best to respond to all submissions.Fashion editorial
We are open for online and print consideration. All editorial submissions will be reviewed including your team and full clothing credits. All stories must be exclusive and unpublished in print or online (social media) and noncommissioned work. Submissions must consist of at least 8 -10 different images for online stories and 10-12 different images for print, with total of 6 different fashion looks. We are Independently Printed, we unfortunately do not provide free copies of the magazine. The issue will be available to purchase Online as soon as it reaches newsstands.
Please submit your work through: https://kavyar.com/timid-magazine/submissions/timid-magazine
By submitting your work, you need to:
- Guarantee and represent that you are the sole and exclusive legal owner of all rights, title, & interest in all the work you submitted, including all related intellectual property interests (such as trademarks and copyrights).
- Defend and indemnify the publisher (Timid) fully against all liabilities, damages, costs, debts, claims, and expenses which the publisher may suffer or incur from a 3rd party claim where the material published infringes or misappropriates any third 3rd proprietary or intellectual property as a result of the breach of the above clause.
Guidelines for all content:
· Guarantee and represent that you are the sole and exclusive legal owner of all rights, title, & interest in all the work you submitted, including all related intellectual property interests (such as trademarks and copyrights).
· Defend and indemnify the publisher (Timid) fully against all liabilities, damages, costs, debts, claims, and expenses which the publisher may suffer or incur from a 3rd party claim where the material published infringes or misappropriates any third 3rd proprietary or intellectual property as a result of the breach of the above clause.
· Once an image is accepted to be published, it grants us the permission to use your work in any of our publications, websites, videos, marketing pieces, advertisements, and any other mediums or formats used in the creation, dissemination, and monetization of Timid Magazine.
· Photos from a photoshoot must not have been published on any other publication's magazine, website, blog, or social media and must not do so after we publish the editorial. All editorials must be fully exclusive to Timid Magazine.
· Photos from an editorial must not have been published on any social media or portfolio websites apart from personal websites. This includes websites such as PhotoVogue, Flickr, 500px, and other such websites.
· We reserve the right to pull an editorial from our magazine without your consent if we find out that photos from the photoshoot have been published somewhere before. In some cases, we may downgrade publication from print to the website, or if it was initially accepted for publication on the website it will not be published. We may choose not to feature your editorial on social media.
· In order to be eligible for a pull letter we need a full proposition document which includes a mood board showing the type of styling and hair & makeup you have in mind, details and photos of the location you would like to shoot at (if it is a location shoot), the confirmed team members and their websites (including models and their agency profile) and the date of the shoot. Please note that we are currently not commissioning paid editorials as we are a small magazine and do not have the budget to do so at the moment.